So, have you ever come out of an amazing dream basically feeling the world is yours only to have the reality of your situation, of your entire life, come crashing down like an avalanche of irritation?
I'm not really sure what I was dreaming about before it go to the good part but where I can vaguely recollect it began with me as a superhero hanging out in the big superhero hangout that was seemingly in the middle of being constructed. It was this weird multi-podded building being built into the side of a cliff. Lots of ladders everywhere. I was pretty impressed with my brain upon awakening, it was really uniquely shaped. All the big superheroes were there. Superman, Batman, Spider-man, the Hulk, Captain America, etc... You name it, my mind probably had them there somewhere. They were all just going about their superhero lives when a part of the super-base (or whatever the hell it was) exploded. This is where I think I came into the picture.
I was standing there, thinking how awesome I was to be involved in superhero crap when Superman comes up to me and orders me and two other guys whom I cannot for the life of me remember to go down to the generator room and see if the plasma whatevers was doing whatever (seriously, it was all techno-babble. GO BRAIN!).
I spring into action running down a hallway when one of the two guys says to me, "Hey man, you're going to the wrong way, the reactor room is down this way."
I respond quickly, "Come on guys, I can fly, this way is faster for me. You guys go down that way if you want." They both grunt and take off in the opposite direction. Here, I make my way out onto the outside of the cliff and fly down to this platform sticking out of the side of the structure. On this platform there is a hatch leading inside. Out of this hatch climbs this incredibly hot chick dressed in a standardly skimpy superheroine outfit. Right away I recognize her as some super villain who had decided to go straight and become a superhero (seriously, my dream was awesome).
Immedietly I become suspicious that she would be escaping where the explosion had come from seeing as how she used to be evil and all. I say to her, "It was you who caused this mess wasn't it."
She looks at me, smiles and says, "Of course." Then she walks up to me, throws her arms around me and power kisses my face off.
We make out for a little bit, then seemingly growing a bit worried I tell her that we have to get here away from here before Superman shows up and messes us both up for what she did. I fly us up to the hotel where all the superheroes were staying while the super-base was being built (of course, dream-logic rules) and take her inside to where her room was. I go into my own room and change out of my awesome superhero costume (which is really weird looking.) and into some normal clothes and I head down into the lobby.
Here the dream gets a little fuzzy and I can't remember a few details but for some reason some people make me out and I have to create a distraction so I pick a fight with a normal guy who has no idea who I am and when he punches me, I react like I was just punched by the Hulk and I slam myself through a wall and act like I'm all mangled and shit. When the security shows up and grabs the guy they realize he has no powers and by this time, I've already made my escape. I run into the hot super-villain/hero girl who herself has changed into normal clothes, I grab her around the waste and take off, she kisses me again and....
BANG, someone drops something loud outside my window and I come crashing back into reality. I look around confused, still half into my dream. Lay back down, groan and realize it's 12:20 pm and real life beckons it's hideous, horrible head my way.
God damn being a secret villain/hero double agent would be awesome.
Addendum - Heh, when thinking back about the dream I remember signs hanging in the hotel lobby. One was hung up above the superhero line that said, "No Costume, No Service." Another one at the entrance to the restaurant said, "Staff will not serve flying patrons. Keep both feet planted on the ground in the restaurant." I kind of want those signs for real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment